What a start of the 2023 collegiate season for our Turkiye volleyball players!
As we approach the beginning of the conference matches, we would like to highlight some of our girls’ preseason highlights.
- Yasemin Elmas, a redshirt freshman middle blocker ranked 1st in WAC for Hitting %, was named to the Idaho Classic All-Tournament Team.
- Elif Teksoy, a redshirt freshman setter ranked 2nd in WAC for total assists, has set a new career high this season of 47 assists.
- Nisa Buzlutepe, a junior setter with a career high of 43 assists, was named to the Falcon Invitational All-Tournament Team.
- Aysu Dalogullari, a graduate outside hitter, was named to the SFA All-Tournament Team.
- Aylin Baran, who started her freshman year very strong after setting a career high of 27 kills against UNCA, was named to the Spartan Tri-Match All-Tournament Team.
- Buse Hazan, the sophomore outside hitter who doubled her numbers from last year, was named to the Bulls International All-Tournament Team and the Road 2 Tampa Bay All-Invite Team. Impressively, Buse set new personal records against the strongest competition, the #3-ranked nationally University of Florida Gators, with 20 kills, .405 efficiency, 3 aces, 5 digs, and 2 blocks in a nailbiter 3-2 L for the Bulls.
- Yagmur Cinel, a senior outside hitter currently ranked 7th in CAA for total aces and 8th for points, surpassed the 500-kill mark in the match vs Sacred Heart, and with her teammate Nil Kayyalp, a freshman libero with a personal record of 21 digs vs Seton Hall, are now leading Hofstra with an amazing record of 13 wins and only 1 loss.
- Yagmur Gunes, a sophomore outside hitter with a career high of 26 digs and 16 kills, was selected as the MAAC conference player of the week on September 19th and is currently ranked 18th for aces/set in NCAA Division 1.
- Damla Gunes, a sophomore setter with 5 double-doubles so far and a season high of 50 assists in the first match against Furman, is currently ranked 1st in MAAC for total assists.
- Doga Eski, a sophomore outside hitter with 6 double-doubles, had a career high of 20 kills against McPherson JV and 24 digs against Dodge City CC.
- Ilayda Demirtas, a redshirt sophomore outside hitter, set a new career high of 18 kills and 8 blocks in the games against UTRGV and Alabama respectively. She is ranked 8th in her conference for total Blocks.
- Bengisu Kazazlar, a freshman setter, is leading her Xavier University of New Orleans, LA in the NAIA by being 12th in aces/set and 20th in aces.
-Cagla Bengi, a junior setter who has recorded more than 40 assists in 5 matches, had a career high of 56 assists against Maryland.
-Last but not least, Gulce Guctekin, a sophomore libero for the NCAA’s #1 nationally ranked and thus far undefeated Wisconsin Badgers, had her best performance, consisting of 22 digs and 9 assists, against Arkansas, in a 3-2 W for the Badgers.