Published, Spring-Summer-Fall 2014-2018:
(March 14, 2014)
New Jersey Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association, Inc. Petitioners v. National Collegiate Athletic Association, et al. Respondents, No. 13-979 (U.S. 2014)
Stephen M. Sweeney, President of the New Jersey Senate, et al., Petitioners v. National Collegiate Athletic Association, et al. Respondents, No. 13-980 (U.S. 2014)
- Holden, J., Kaburakis, A., and Rodenberg, R. (2018). Esports: children, stimulants, and video-gaming induced inactivity.
- Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, doi:10.1111/jpc.13897
- Holden, J., Kaburakis, A., and Tweedie, J. (2018). Virtue(al) Games – Real Drugs.
Sport, Ethics & Philosophy, doi:10.1080/17511321.2018.1459814
- Holden, J., Rodenberg, R., and Kaburakis, A. (2017). Esports Corruption: Gambling, Doping, and Global Governance.
Maryland Journal of International Law, Vol. 32, Iss. 1, 236-273
- Holden, J., Kaburakis, A., and Rodenberg, R. (2017). The Future is Now: Esports Policy Considerations and Potential Litigation.
Journal of Legal Aspects of Sport, Vol. 27, Iss. 1, 46-78
- Zaharia, N. & Kaburakis, A. (2016). Bridging the Gap: U.S. sport managers on barriers to industry–academia research collaboration.
Journal of Sport Management, Vol. 30, Iss. 3, 248-264
- Zaharia, N., Kaburakis, A., and Pierce, D. (2016). U.S. sport management programs in business schools: Trends and key issues.
Sport Management Education Journal, Vol. 10, Iss. 1, 13-28
- Kaburakis, A., Rodenberg, R., and Holden, J. (2015). Inevitable: Sports gambling, state regulation, and the pursuit of revenue.
- Harvard Business Law Review, Online Vol. 5, 27-38
- Rodenberg, R., Kaburakis, A., and Holden, J. (2014). Whose game is it? Sports-wagering and the intellectual property clause.
Villanova Law Review, Vol. 60, Iss. 1, 1-7
- Holden, J., Kaburakis, A., and Rodenberg, R.(2014). Sports gambling regulation and your grandfather (clause).
Stanford Law and Policy Review, Vol. 26, Iss. 1, 1-8
- Hill, D., Rodenberg, R., Finan, G., Kaburakis, A., and Zweig, S. (2014). The status of sports wagering.
Gaming Law Review and Economics, Vol. 18, Iss. 1, 8-18
Published, Spring-Summer-Fall 2013:
- Rodenberg, R. & Kaburakis, A. (2013). Scholar’s privilege: A normative primer.
Florida International Law Review, Vol. 9, Iss. 1, 65-66
- Rodenberg, R., Kaburakis, A., and Coates, D. (2013). Sports economics on trial.
Journal of Sports Economics, Vol. 14, Iss. 4, 389-400
- Clavio, G., Kaburakis, A., Pierce, D., Walsh, P., and Lawrence-Benedict, H. (2013). College athlete representations in sports video games.
Journal of Issues in Intercollegiate Athletics, Vol. 6, Iss. 1, 57-80
- Rodenberg, R. & Kaburakis, A. (2013). Legal and corruption issues in sports gambling.
Journal of Legal Aspects of Sport, Vol. 23, Iss. 1, 8-35
Published, Spring-Summer-Fall 2012:
- Kaburakis, A. & Rodenberg, R. (2012). Gambling Sausage: Federal legislation in the new millennium.
Gaming Law Review and Economics, Vol. 16, Iss. 9, 500-513
- Kaburakis, A., Lindholm, J, and Rodenberg, R. (2012). British pubs, decoder cards, and the future of intellectual property licensing in the European Union after Murphy.
Columbia Journal of European Law, Vol. 18, Iss. 2, 307-322
- Kaburakis, A., Pierce, D., Cianfrone, B., and Paule, A. (2012). Is it still “In the Game”, or has amateurism left the building? NCAA Student-Athletes’ perceptions of commercial activity and sports video games.
Journal of Sport Management, Vol. 26, Iss. 4, 295-308
- Kaburakis, A. & Rodenberg, R. (2012). Odds. Gambling, Law, and Strategy in the European Union.
Business Law International, Vol. 13, Iss. 1, 63-96
- Lindholm, J. & Kaburakis, A. (2012). Murphy. In Anderson, J. (Ed.) Landmark Cases and Decisions in Sports Law. Heidelberg, Germany: TMC Asser Press/Springer-Verlag (in press)
- Kaburakis, A. (2012). The Evolution of Intellectual Property Theory and the Right of Publicity in the U.S. Contemporary application in the entertainment and sport industry. In Balcarczyk, J. (ed.) Rights of personality in the XXI century. New values, new rules, new technologies. Wolters Kluwer International, ISBN: 978-83-264-1607-1, 118-137
- Kaburakis, A. & Clavio, G. (2012). Legal and Ethical Dimensions of Sport Public Relations. In Stoldt, C., Dittmore, S., and Branvold, S. (eds.) Sport Public Relations. 2nd ed. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, ISBN: 978-07-3609-038-4, 299-316
Published, Fall 2011:
- Kaburakis, A., Sharp, L., and Pierce, D. (2011). Integrating fields in Sport Law: Using the O’Brien v Ohio State University case to teach principles of Contract Law, NCAA Compliance, and International Arbitration.
Sport Management Education Journal, Vol. 5, Iss. 1, 79-110
- Kaburakis, A. & Rodenberg, R. (2011). European Union Gambling at the intersection of policy and litigation. Journal of Gambling Business and Economics, Vol. 5, Iss. 2, 1-9
- Pierce, D., Lawrence, H., and Kaburakis, A. (2011). Creating Synergy between Athletics Compliance and Academic Programs. Student Workers in the Compliance Office.
Journal of Contemporary Athletics, Vol. 5, Iss. 3, 183-201
- Kaburakis, A. (2011). European Union Law, Gambling, and Sport Betting. European Court of Justice, member states case law, and policy. In Anderson, P., Blackshaw, I., Siekmann, R., and Soek, J. (eds.) Sports betting: Law & Policy. Heidelberg, Germany: Springer Verlag, ISBN: 978-90-6704-798-2, 27-97