Ten Additional Thoughts
Recapping my thoughts:
1. Coaching is a privilege
2. ANY FORM OF SELFISHNESS MUST BE ELIMINATED, CUT OUT
3. If we win a championship or lose in the championship – We do it all together. That way we have no excuses.
4. Champions have no off-season.
5. The best way to get better is to work on your weaknesses and turn them into your strengths.
6. Focus on the play like it has a history and a life of its own.
7. A good coach is a GREAT teacher and motivator.
8. Get excited as a coach. Be enthusiastic. You must love to come to practice for the players to love to come. Players must be able to see you love to teach the game.
9. Evaluations of the athlete’s abilities is an on-going process.
10. A student’s discipline in the classroom speaks volumes about his/her priorities. Young players’ primary responsibility should be to excel both in school and on the court.