EUROPEAN VOLLEYBALL EXPOSURE - THE EVE OF OPPORTUNITY
US Colleges & Universities' volleyball coaches will attend EVE in February and March 2020, in Greece and Turkey, assessing Balkan and European volleyball talent, with girls born between 2000-2006.
WHEN & WHERE
- Istanbul, Turkey - February 24-25
- Athens, Greece - February 27-29
- Thessaloniki, Greece - March 1-2
- US coaches' tour, evaluating talent and analyzing prospective student-athletes for full scholarships (+ full cost of attendance ~ $500-1000+ monthly), for higher education and volleyball in some of the top universities of the US.
- Comprehensive assessment of athletic and technical characteristics, in view of future scholarship offers for high-level competitive volleyball. Measurements (vertical, block reach, approach jump, lateral quickness, agility/speed...)
- Individual analysis, scientific research-based and applied analytics utilized by the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) & Nomos Volleyball team of experts, and deliverable output for each participant, including recommendations and specific guidance on individual skills development.
- Follow-up on the US coaches' suggestions and consistent monitoring by associate coaches and scouts in each region, during the months/years preceding high school graduation and transition to the US.
- High-definition and quality footage captured during the entire tournament. Full-service support by video collection and editing team in each region. Collaboration with experts through the transition process to the US.
- Warm-up, familiarization with age group teammates, practice and wash-drills, scrimmage and live action competition.
- Selection of top talent by each age group.
- Awards, certificates, participation gifts.
- References by international coaches and volleyball experts, who will supply participants with valuable resources, strategy, tactics, and critical elements toward a compelling athletic resume in view of academic and competitive volleyball pursuits. Jump-start to pro-volleyball networks.
- Educational presentations by US higher education and NCAA experts (academics, law/NCAA policy, procedure, coaching).
- Discussion of US v European volleyball differences with experienced volleyball professionals, as well as an overview of living, studying, and playing volleyball at the highest level in NCAA D1 by recent alumnae and current volleyball pros.
- Parents panels (former and current student-athletes' parents in open Q&A sessions with interested parents and prospects).
- Professional networking for European coaches with US college coaches, exchange of experiences and ideas, future cooperation, bridge-building.
- Social events and international prospects' cultural exchanges, sight-seeing in EVE regions, meals and entertainment options for prospects and parents.
There is NO substitute for a live evaluation!
Talent and skills' assessment by trained eyes, and discussion with the key decision-makers in awarding full scholarship offers. Live analysis by the people who live and breathe the sport in the US is invaluable and irreplaceable.
The contribution of these coaches is critical, and instrumental for the future of the talented participants, who will be setting themselves apart by their overall attitude, as well as their volleyball output during the showcase. Thus, these players are setting up a pivotal life turn.
Ample opportunities exist for such life turns for participants, due to the scope and volume of US volleyball programs. The number of viewing coaches from the US also guarantees an objective evaluation and broad sample of trained volleyball minds from the US. The strict selection criteria based on the preferences, demands, and prerequisites set by US college coaches ensure a high-level of talent and athletic competition, measured against the best talent in the world in the respective age group. This in turn allows for an accurate gauge and critique of the talent, objective and constructive development of recommendations, and the blueprint for the appropriate, prudent, and compatible with each talent route to college volleyball competition.
It would otherwise be impossible to have as many eyes and minds assessing European talent live, analyzing and outlining the players' potential trajectory for high-level college volleyball; only in America can one find this kind of talent-gathering and age group/individual evaluations. This is a nascent institution and should evolve into an established tradition for international volleyball talent development. Nomos maintains consistent cooperation with the AVCA, NCAA, USA Volleyball, as well as serving legal teams and needs for FIVB and CEV.
There is no other team of colleagues with decades of service in the field, the breadth of network, and the depth of trust relationships developed through years of hard work and consistent efforts on all necessary details required for such life turns for deserving young people.
Total funds secured for scholarships as of September 1, 2019:
2018-2019 was a record-setting year with $5,093,129 secured in Financial Aid for international student-athletes.
Application/Statement of Interest
Upon selection, 200 Eur.