WOMENS' VOLLEYBALL PLAYERS - EUROPEAN VOLLEYBALL EXPOSURE
NCAA university volleyball programs will partake in the action in Athens, which for the first iteration in January 2018 will feature the best talent in Greek, Balkan, and select European countries' volleyball, with girls born between 1998-2004.
Due to the strict selection criteria for participation in this elite talent event, we need to have the Expression of Interest form turned in by December 1st to guarantee prompt follow-up and appropriate review of the prospective student-athlete's application and volleyball information (including film and related material submissions). The selection committee, comprised of current and former NCAA DI coaches and members of the USA Women's National Team, WILL NOT be reviewing ANY submissions after December 8th; subsequent to December 8th, selected participants will be notified, forwarded pertinent information, and advised of logistics for travel to Athens.
Arrival in Athens by Friday, January 12, 2018.
Full weekend of volleyball across all age groups Saturday and Sunday, 13-14, 2018.
All-Star Game (US participating coaches casting votes on Saturday) held Sunday 14.
High-school seniors and possible university student-transfers (girls born 1998-1999) meet individually with US coaches Sunday evening and Monday, January 15th.
Agias Paraskevis & Kazantzaki 129, Chalandri 152 34, Greece
- US coaches' tour, evaluating talent and analyzing prospective student-athletes for full scholarships (+ full cost of attendance ~ $500-900 monthly), for higher education and volleyball in some of the top universities of the US.
- Comprehensive assessment of athletic and technical characteristics, in view of future scholarship offers for high-level competitive volleyball (NCAA Division I). Measurements (vertical, block reach, approach jump, lateral quickness, agility/speed...)
- Individual analysis, scientific research-based and applied analytics utilized by the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA), and deliverable output for each participant, including recommendations and specific guidance on individual skills development.
- Follow-up on the US coaches' suggestions and consistent monitoring by associate coaches and scouts in each region, during the months/years preceding high school graduation and transition to the US.
- High-definition and quality footage captured during the entire tournament. Full-service support by video collection and editing team in each region. Collaboration with experts through the transition process to the US.
- Warm-up, familiarization with age group teammates, practice and wash-drills, scrimmage and live action competition.
- Selection of top talent by each age group.
- Awards, certificates, participation gifts.
- References by international coaches and volleyball experts, who will supply participants with valuable resources, strategy, tactics, and critical elements toward a compelling athletic resume in view of university and competitive volleyball pursuits. Jump-start to pro-volleyball networks.
- Educational presentations by US higher education and NCAA experts (academics, law/NCAA policy, procedure, coaching).
- Discussion of US v European volleyball differences with experienced volleyball professionals, as well as an overview of living, studying, and playing volleyball at the highest level in NCAA D1 by recent alumnae and current volleyball pros.
- Professional networking for European coaches with US college coaches, exchange of experiences and ideas, future cooperation, bridge-building...
There is NO substitute for a live evaluation!
Talent and skills' assessment by trained eyes, and discussion with the key decision-makers in awarding full scholarship offers. Live analysis by the people who live and breathe the sport in the US is invaluable and irreplaceable.
The contribution of these coaches is critical, and instrumental for the future of the talented participants, who will be setting themselves apart by mere presence/selection to participate, as well as their work during the tournament. Thus, these players are setting up a pivotal life turn.
Ample opportunities exist for such life turns for participants, due to the scope and volume of confirmed US coaches' partaking into the volleyball festivities of the weekend. The number of viewing coaches from the US also guarantees an objective evaluation and broad sample of trained volleyball minds from the US. The strict selection criteria based on the preferences, demands, and prerequisites set by US college coaches ensure a high-level of talent and athletic competition, measured against the best talent in the region in the respective age group. This in turn allows for an accurate gauge and critique of the talent, objective and constructive development of recommendations, and the blueprint for the appropriate, prudent, and compatible with each talent route to college volleyball competition.
It would otherwise be impossible to have as many eyes and minds assessing European talent live, analyzing and outlining the players' potential trajectory for high-level college volleyball; only in America can one find this kind of talent-gathering and age group/individual evaluations. This is a nascent institution and should evolve into an established tradition for international volleyball talent development. Nomos maintains consistent cooperation with the AVCA, NCAA, USA Volleyball, as well as serving legal teams and needs for FIVB and CEV.
There is no other team of colleagues with decades of service in the field, the breadth of network, and the depth of trust relationships developed through years of hard work and consistent efforts on all necessary details required for such life turns for deserving young people.
Total funds raised for scholarships as of September 1, 2017:
Academic year 2016-2017 was a record-setting year with more than $1,100,000 secured in Financial Aid for international student-athletes.
Application/Statement of Interest
Upon selection, 200 Eur.